Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using Conditions - cell colour and cell containign text

I am using the code supplied by this link

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html

To count the background colour of cells.

I have two coloumns the first column contains either R or A. The second
column contains coloured cells. I want to could how many cells are coloured a
certain colour and the other coloumn contains R.

I have the colour countring sorted and the Checking of R sorted by using
SUMPRODUCT by themselves but i cant get them to work together!

Thanks for your help.

Hamish
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I thought i would add, what i am using atm is

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ColorIndex(E10:E172)=52); --(B12:B172="R"))

But that does not work it just comes up with #value

I have also tried to use a , to separate instead of ; but it gave errors
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Hamish" wrote:

I thought i would add, what i am using atm is

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ColorIndex(E10:E172)=52); --(B12:B172="R"))

But that does not work it just comes up with #value

I have also tried to use a , to separate instead of ; but it gave errors

Ok I think i might have got it. it should look like

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ColorIndex(E10:E172)=52);--((B10:B172)="R"))

need the extra set of brackets