Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Validation and active cell

Hi everybody,

I am working for 1 NGO in Bosnia for Demining. I almost finished one
expenses follow up excel tool but I am blocked at 1 point. If someone
can help, I would really appreciate...

Explanation: See below the VBA writing for validation list.
I would need to replace below the _=$B33$_ by *an absolute reference of
1 active cell*. (active cell should be located 1 row higher than the
start with Range("B" & ActiveCell.Row).Select

Range("B" & ActiveCell.Row).Select
With Selection.Validation
..Add Type:=xlValidateList, AlertStyle:=xlValidAlertStop,
Operator:= _
xlBetween, Formula1:="=$B$33"
..IgnoreBlank = True
..InCellDropdown = True
..InputTitle = ""
..ErrorTitle = ""
..InputMessage = ""
..ErrorMessage = ""
..ShowInput = True
..ShowError = True
End With
Range("B" & ActiveCell.Row).Select

Background info for this: I have different budget lines and use the "go
to" same validation to select from the active cell the same budget lines
on my worksheet and unhide them.

Do not know if it is possible. If you have a solution it would be
great.

Michael

--
mikla
mikla's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37179

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try:

Formula1:="=" & Range("B" & ActiveCell.Row-1).Address

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"mikla" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

:) T'anks a million. It works perfectly.

Michael