Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tom tom is offline

Default Difficult planning

Hello everyone,

I would like to display automatically a daily work planning. The person
could simply input their in (arrival time) and out (departure time) in(out
of) the office everyday.

The person can work everyday: from monday to sunday, and can begin at any
time during the day or during the night.

Therefore, there are 4 categories:

Categ(100%): from 07:00 to 19:00
Categ(125%): from 19:00 to 07:00 (if the number of hours per day is less
than 8).
Categ(150%): the same as categ(125%) but for a number of hours greater than
8h per day.
Categ(200%): during the weekend, 24h/24

Question: I would like, that, when the person arrives or leaves their
office, when entering their IN and OUT (time) every day, the above 4 colons,
will be filled in automatically indicating the number of hours (per day) at
100%, at 125%, at 150% and at 200%.

Thanks very much for helping me.
Tom
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

is it really as simple as that? For instance I have seen many places that
round the hours worked down to the quarter hour
If the worker signs in at 06:59 and out at 20:10 do they get paid the extra,
or are the maximum hours 8?
What are the penalties for lateness?

If the business rules are complex, as they usually are, then probably a
coded solution.would be best. Complex queries are a nightmare to maintain.

David F. Cox

"tom" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tom tom is offline

Hi David,

thanks very much for your message.
The only one issue is to evaluate how many hours one has done daily: how
many hours at 100%, at 125%, at 150% and 200%.
For instance during the weekend, all hours are at 200%, so if one does 6
hours, the for columns showing the four different categories will be:
0(100%), 0(125%), 0(150%) and 6(200%).
But as mentioned earlier, during the week, there are 3 different categories,
but every day, once one has entered their IN(arrival at work) and
OUT(departure from work) time, the four different colons, should be filled in
automatically.

Again, thanks very much for all your help
Tom