Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Splash screen and printing titles

I have two problems relating to Excel which I need help with:

1) I have created a spreadsheet for users to record their monthl
income details. I have added a splash screen which is viewable for
seconds when the document is opened giving the user additiona
information.
I want to give the user the option of switching this off when they hav
viewed it so that is doesn't pop up every time they open the workbook a
it could become annoying. Does anyone have any idea how I could d
this?

2) When printing an individual sheet I want to be able to create in th
header the name of the person or company using the sheet automaticall
without the user having to go through setup, header and type thei
details in, as I would like to make the workbook as user friendly a
possible and can't be sure that the user would have much experienc
with Excel. Is there any way to do this? The person filling in th
sheet would complete their details on page 1 which is then linked t
the other pages, so the company or person name would be in cel
reference C3

Any ideas?
Thank you in advance.
Rub

--
Rub
Ruby's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3706

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
jtp jtp is offline

Ruby,
I am assuming this is one workbook used by multiple people. If that
the case, the only way I know how to switch your splash screen on/off i
to store the value in the registry. There are 3 built-in functions tha
are simple to use: SaveSetting, GetSetting and DeleteSetting. Fo
example http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip60.htm. If they deselec
the checkbox, create a key using SaveSetting with a value in it (sa
0). Add to your startup code to check that key using GetSetting. I
the key is not set, then display the splash screen.
If this workbook is tailored to each individual you could just read
cell value before displaying the screen.

As for the header, you can use:

Sub FillHeader()
Dim wkSht As Worksheet

For Each wkSht In Worksheets
With wkSht.PageSetup
.LeftHeader = ""
.CenterHeader = wkSht.Range("C1")
.RightHeader = ""
.LeftFooter = ""
.CenterFooter = ""
.RightFooter = ""
End With
Next

End Sub

This sets it up for the center header. It goes through each workshee
in the workbook

--
jt
jtp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2113

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I would add a button to the screen to switch it off, so if they click this
before 5 seconds is up, the registry entries get updated, and the screen
never shows again.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Ruby" wrote in message

I have two problems relating to Excel which I need help with:

1) I have created a spreadsheet for users to record their monthly
income details. I have added a splash screen which is viewable for 5
seconds when the document is opened giving the user additional
information.
I want to give the user the option of switching this off when they have
viewed it so that is doesn't pop up every time they open the workbook as
it could become annoying. Does anyone have any idea how I could do
this?

2) When printing an individual sheet I want to be able to create in the
header the name of the person or company using the sheet automatically
without the user having to go through setup, header and type their
details in, as I would like to make the workbook as user friendly as
possible and can't be sure that the user would have much experience
with Excel. Is there any way to do this? The person filling in the
sheet would complete their details on page 1 which is then linked to
the other pages, so the company or person name would be in cell
reference C3

Any ideas?
Thank you in advance.
Ruby

--
Ruby
Ruby's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=568612

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Firstly I would like to apologise for taking some time to acknowledge
the respondents to my post.

Thank you to Bob Phillips and JTP for responding to my query, it is
much appreciated and I will be working on adding the changes to my
spreadsheet today.

:) Ruby.

--
Ruby