Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Splash screen and printing titles

I would add a button to the screen to switch it off, so if they click this
before 5 seconds is up, the registry entries get updated, and the screen
never shows again.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Ruby" wrote in message

I have two problems relating to Excel which I need help with:

1) I have created a spreadsheet for users to record their monthly
income details. I have added a splash screen which is viewable for 5
seconds when the document is opened giving the user additional
information.
I want to give the user the option of switching this off when they have
viewed it so that is doesn't pop up every time they open the workbook as
it could become annoying. Does anyone have any idea how I could do
this?

2) When printing an individual sheet I want to be able to create in the
header the name of the person or company using the sheet automatically
without the user having to go through setup, header and type their
details in, as I would like to make the workbook as user friendly as
possible and can't be sure that the user would have much experience
with Excel. Is there any way to do this? The person filling in the
sheet would complete their details on page 1 which is then linked to
the other pages, so the company or person name would be in cell
reference C3

Any ideas?
Thank you in advance.
Ruby