Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Hide a formula

Is it possible to hide a particular formula in a cell without protectin
the worksheet?

Thanks.

-e

--
edwardpestia
edwardpestian's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3380

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi ep

You can use a trick that I use some times:
I put the formula in a cell that is way off to the side and then name the
cell, eg: "MyFormula" Then where your user can see you set that cell =
MyFormula.

Alternatively, write a Function in VBA and then protect the Project.

Is it possible to hide a particular formula in a cell without protecting
the worksheet?

Thanks.

-ep

--
edwardpestian
edwardpestian's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33809

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'd prefer to write a function in VBA. Can anyone point me in the right
direction?

Thx

-ep

--
edwardpestian
edwardpestian's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33809
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=568604

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ed
What Alan is referring to is writing a User Defined Function or UDF.
That function would do the work for you and return a value to that cell that
holds the function. All that the user would see is the name of the function
and its argument. As Alan said, you can then protect the code so that the
user can't see it.
But be aware that Excel is not a secure platform nor is it intended to
be. Any kind of security measures you take can be over-ridden by anyone
with sufficient Excel knowledge. HTH Otto
"edwardpestian"
wrote in message
news:edwardpestian.2c2fyf_1154779506.5494@excelfor um-nospam.com...

I'd prefer to write a function in VBA. Can anyone point me in the right
direction?

Thx

-ep

--
edwardpestian
edwardpestian's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=568604

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Not sure if this helps but you could try a named range.

The link runs you through a simple example.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/named.htm

VBA Noo

--
VBA Noo
VBA Noob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3383

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think simply moving the formula to an inconspicuous place and definin
the cell will suit the purpose.

Thanks for the help..

-e