Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to write visual basis code

Hi this is the first time I've ever thought of doing this and I really need
someone to help me please!!

I've created a check box in excel and it's marked "complete", if this box is
ticked i.e. the data is entered completed then the macro would allow the user
to run the macro normally allowing the user to copy the data entered from the
sheet for example sheet 'dataentry1' to the 'summary sheet' as text/value
only then select worksheet 'dataentry1' and paste it to the same work book as
worksheet 'dataentry2' with automatic clearing of all data that has been
entered for 'dataentry1' then hide and protect 'dataentry1' as well, i would
also like to put a order number in a cell as well which is always going to be
1 digit higher than the previous form i.e. 'dataentry1' has an order number 1
and macro can put order number 2 in 'dataentry2' accordingly.

However if the the checkbox marked "completed?" is not ticked and few
messages will come up for example 'have you enter your user id?' or 'have you
enter the address?' or 'have you enter ticked check box - delivery/local pick
up? ' depending on which data is missing and cannot be transferred to the
summery sheet.

Also I want the check box 'completed' to be automatically tick itself once
all the mandatory fields are entered rather than allowing the users to tick it

I know this is complicated and I might not have explain myself properly but
I really wish to learn visual basis and to be able to perform this task

Thanks for your urgent help!!

Vivi
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Vivi,
You can Record a macro or procedure as visual basic by
ToolsMacroRecord New Macro ... or you can buy new book about how to
write procedure by your self

Rgds,

halim

vivi menuliskan:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes I tried to record but dont know how to wrtie if formulas in visual basis
and by getting a book to teach myself is what I have done too I have ordered
a book already the unfortunate thing is that I have a deadline of two weeks
to finish this little project that is why I am asking to get some expert to
help me as I dont think I can learn within a week and write, install and test
within 2 weeks

" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This site has some useful Flash tutorials about using macos and VBA, and
lots of other stuff.

http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/ExcelMain.htm

break your project down into small steps, and use google groups search to
search for already posted solutions to any particular problems. This will
save you waiting for replies.

http://groups.google.co.uk/advanced_search?hl=en

good luck