Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default displaying a "no match" on another worksheeet after a comparison

Hi All

I have a script that compares a column of serial numbers on WS1 with
the corresponding serial numbers on WS2, and displays the matched items
and all associated data with that match on WS3.

But now, I would like the script to also display a "no match" or
similar when there is no match to the serial number from WS1, on WS3
with the rest of the compiled data.

I'm basically tracking collected serial numbers of various bits of
equipment (using a barcode reader), and being told if they are still in
the database, and if so, all relevent data associated with that
equipment. If not, carry out remedial action.

Thanks in advance

Nick

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Out_of _my_depth wrote:
Hi All

I have a script that compares a column of serial numbers on WS1 with
the corresponding serial numbers on WS2, and displays the matched
items and all associated data with that match on WS3.

But now, I would like the script to also display a "no match" or
similar when there is no match to the serial number from WS1, on WS3
with the rest of the compiled data.

I'm basically tracking collected serial numbers of various bits of
equipment (using a barcode reader), and being told if they are still
in the database, and if so, all relevent data associated with that
equipment. If not, carry out remedial action.

Thanks in advance

Nick

Hi Nick,

try to post your code or your formula...

It's quite impossible to try to help you without any base...

Help us to help you...

--
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao