Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Setting a format in a formula

Any advice on the following would be appreciated.... I have a formula
that concatenates text and another formula that stript the date from
another cell.

Example:

="On order is as of: " & formula that strips date from another area

My issue is the result is

On order is as of 31245872

I want the result to be

On order is as of 7/29/06

I set the format of the cell to a date format but with the leading text
it does not work. Can I set the format within my formula???

Thansk,
Rudy

--
rudy
rudy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33911

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That works! I am a tool. I saw the text function in Help but didn'
have the "mm/dd/yy" at the end. Thanks for the help

--
rud
rudy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3391