Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Setting special format for a cell

Dear All,
Could you please tell me how can I can set special format to a column?
To be precise, I'd like to set such a format to the column of cells that it
always shows like " ... sq.m.". For example, if i enter number 5 to the
cell, it must then look like "5 sq.m".
Regards,
Ruslan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Select these cells then 'Right click' select 'Custom' and apply a custom
format of

0.00" Sq M"

--
Mike

question.

"Ruslan" wrote:

Dear All,
Could you please tell me how can I can set special format to a column?
To be precise, I'd like to set such a format to the column of cells that it
always shows like " ... sq.m.". For example, if i enter number 5 to the
cell, it must then look like "5 sq.m".
Regards,
Ruslan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

One more custom format.......

Type 0" m then Alt + 0178 then "

Gives 12 m²

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 10:33:01 -0700, Ruslan
wrote:

Dear All,
Could you please tell me how can I can set special format to a column?
To be precise, I'd like to set such a format to the column of cells that it
always shows like " ... sq.m.". For example, if i enter number 5 to the
cell, it must then look like "5 sq.m".
Regards,
Ruslan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Dear Gord,
Sorry, but I didn't get the sequences of typing. Could you be more detailed.
since I'not so professional.
Rgds,
Ruslan

wrote:

Dear All,
Could you please tell me how can I can set special format to a column?
To be precise, I'd like to set such a format to the column of cells that it
always shows like " ... sq.m.". For example, if i enter number 5 to the
cell, it must then look like "5 sq.m".
Regards,
Ruslan

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

1. Highlight the column by clicking on its heading (eg, the "A")
2. Right-click on any highlighted cell
3. Choose Format Cells...
4. Choose Custom
5. In the Type: box, copy and paste the following:
0" m²"
6. Click OK

Now enter your numbers in that column.

Regards,
Fred

wrote:

Dear All,
Could you please tell me how can I can set special format to a column?
To be precise, I'd like to set such a format to the column of cells that
it
always shows like " ... sq.m.". For example, if i enter number 5 to the
cell, it must then look like "5 sq.m".
Regards,
Ruslan

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In Custom dialog type 0" m

Then hold down Alt key and on the numpad type 0178

Then type the final "

Or run this macro on selected cells.

Sub sq_Meters()
Selection.NumberFormat = "0"" m" & Chr(178) & """"
'0179 for cubic meters
End Sub

Gord