Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default administration tool

I have a question about something that I do not know if it is possible or
not. The situation is the following: I have a userform that the user uses to
setup a report that my macro is to create. Now the userform functions in the
following way. There is a list with checkboxes, each checkbox belongs to a
chart. If the checkbox is €śchecked€ť then the chart shall be displayed in the
report, otherwise it shall not be displayed.

I need to keep everything variable so my macro functions like this. It
counts the number of checked checkboxes in the userform and uses this values
later on in the program. Now I thought about giving the user the possibility
to add or remove checkboxes from the userform. This is done by clicking on a
button that leads to some administrator tool. In that tool the user can
choose the number of checkboxes desired. But that requires that the userform
changes the number of checkboxes also, otherwise the value would not be
correct (the value is very important because I loop everything in order to
keep the code short). Does it make any sense?? If you have any understanding
and you know something about creating some administrator tool for a vba
application please help me out! Thanks a lot in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Arne,
May be a Tree View with checkboxes would be more suitable control ?
Easy to vary the number of nodes.

NickHK

"Arne Hegefors" wrote in message
I have a question about something that I do not know if it is possible or
not. The situation is the following: I have a userform that the user uses

setup a report that my macro is to create. Now the userform functions in

the
following way. There is a list with checkboxes, each checkbox belongs to a
chart. If the checkbox is "checked" then the chart shall be displayed in

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

this code by J-walk shows how to create a userform on the fly:

so you could store the parameters that the user selects and build a dynamic
userform to conform to those parameters. It doesn't appear that you need
events for the dynamic portion of your userform (checkboxes), so this makes
this approach more feasible/easier.

Tom Ogilvy