Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Initialising Referencing Paths

In cell A2 I have a value/filename (which I created by having code grab all
file names in a folder). I now need to use this value/file name to suck data
out of the files in this folder without having to open every file to get an
initial link. Somehow, I can't get the examples of the formulas below to
work. How can I get directory path presented simply as text to become an
active link that can be pasted into formulas without creating a hyperlink
from each - there are 3000 files.

EG

Value/File Name In A2 C:\Desktop\Product1.xls

In B2 I need to pick cell information within this file.
='[A2]$B$2
In C3 I need to pick cell information within this file.
='[A3]$B$3

Thanks in advance...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Laurent Longre has a utility called MOREFUNC which provides a INDIRECT.EXT
UDF which should do what you want, and you can find it at

http://xcell05.free.fr/

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

Paths Ross[_2_] New Users to Excel 1 April 4th 07 11:35 PM
I hate paths! Ross[_2_] Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 April 4th 07 10:14 PM
UNC Paths Paul Smith[_3_] Excel Programming 1 February 18th 05 12:00 PM
Re-initialising Excel calculation settings Ant[_6_] Excel Programming 2 November 17th 04 08:22 AM
Initialising a variable Shilps Excel Programming 2 April 2nd 04 11:26 AM