Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Re-initialising Excel calculation settings

I have an xla that needs to open a workbook when it loads, because of
a previously reported problem: "Excel 2003 graphics are invisible
after loading xla".

The problem with this is that Excel is no longer in its correct
start-up state. In particular, the calculation settings will not then
be picked up by the first workbook that a user opens.

Does anyone know how to UNSET the calculation settings, so that Excel
thinks they haven't been chosen yet?

Also, does anyone know of any descriptions of how Excel initialises
itself?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
why not set
application.Calculation
accordingly (and store the old stte if you want)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Ant" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
m...
I have an xla that needs to open a workbook when it loads, because of
a previously reported problem: "Excel 2003 graphics are invisible
after loading xla".

The problem with this is that Excel is no longer in its correct
start-up state. In particular, the calculation settings will not then
be picked up by the first workbook that a user opens.

Does anyone know how to UNSET the calculation settings, so that Excel
thinks they haven't been chosen yet?

Also, does anyone know of any descriptions of how Excel initialises
itself?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Frank,
Thanks but the problem is that the user will expect the calculation
settings to be determined by the first workbook THEY open but it won't
be (because I have already opened a file through code)....
....and I can't set the calculation options myself because I don't know
what the settings would be in the file they plan to open.
The best I can think of is to ask them what settings they want but it
might be annoying to do that every time.
I was hoping somebody might know how to fool Excel into thinking it
hadn't opened any files yet.

regards

Ant

"Frank Kabel" wrote in message ...
Hi
why not set
application.Calculation
accordingly (and store the old stte if you want)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany