Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Vlookup vs Sumif

Hi everyone. Is there a big difference in the efficiency of Vlookup and
Sumif? I have a sheet with about 12,000 formulae. Currently I am using
Vlookup. If I switched to Sumif, would it be slower or faster? Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Well they are two quite different formulas

VLOOKUP is for looking up data from a different column when a match is
found in a vertical list

SUMIF is for summing values based on a condition

--
Kind Regards,
Will Riley

"Steph" wrote:

Hi everyone. Is there a big difference in the efficiency of Vlookup and
Sumif? I have a sheet with about 12,000 formulae. Currently I am using
Vlookup. If I switched to Sumif, would it be slower or faster? Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It would be different! VLOOKUP returns a value in a table for an offset from
a particular value, SUMIF adds a range where the same or an other range
equals a value, It's apples and pears.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Steph" wrote in message
Hi everyone. Is there a big difference in the efficiency of Vlookup and
Sumif? I have a sheet with about 12,000 formulae. Currently I am using
Vlookup. If I switched to Sumif, would it be slower or faster? Thank

you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If it's only one value you are looking to return.. it begs the question why
you are
using SUMIF at all
--
Kind Regards,