Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Steph Steph is offline

Default Vlookup vs Sumif

Right, but if I'm returning a value either way, the Sumif returns the same
value. It simply adds one record, essentially returning the one and only
record it finds.

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
It would be different! VLOOKUP returns a value in a table for an offset
from
a particular value, SUMIF adds a range where the same or an other range
equals a value, It's apples and pears.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Steph" wrote in message
Hi everyone. Is there a big difference in the efficiency of Vlookup and
Sumif? I have a sheet with about 12,000 formulae. Currently I am using
Vlookup. If I switched to Sumif, would it be slower or faster? Thank

you!