Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default searching for and deleting duplicates

Hi ,
thanks for reading,

Im having trouble with duplicates in spreadsheets. I need to search in
one column for cells that are exactly the same as the cell directly
above. In these cases I then need to delete the entire row. Hopefully
this is possible!

Many thanks for any help,

Shandy

--
Shandy720
Shandy720's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26230

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Shandy

What I usually do is put an indicator of the duplicates in a new column like
this.

Assuming the column you are testing is A then in B2 I put the formula

=if(A2=A1,"*","")

Fill that down for as far as you want to test.

Then I filter on the * in column B and delete the lines. Not very pretty but
quite effective.

Martin

"Shandy720" wrote:

Hi ,
thanks for reading,

Im having trouble with duplicates in spreadsheets. I need to search in
one column for cells that are exactly the same as the cell directly
above. In these cases I then need to delete the entire row. Hopefully
this is possible!

Many thanks for any help,

Shandy

--