Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to turn off the row # and col letters to create an excel form

Hi,
I would like to be able to use an excel spread sheet to appear as a form
without the col letters and row numbers. Also, can I put controls on a
spreadsheet(ie command button) to be used with VBA code and if so can you
point me to an example?

Many thanks,
Sterling Hamilton
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
N10 N10 is offline

"SHamil3864" wrote in message
I would like to be able to use an excel spread sheet to appear as a form
without the col letters and row numbers. Also, can I put controls on a
spreadsheet(ie command button) to be used with VBA code and if so can you
point me to an example?

Many thanks,
Sterling Hamilton

HI

ActiveWindow.DisplayHeadings = False

That turns of the rows and colums, obviously in a macro.

You can add buttons to any sheet by displaying the visual basic tool bar
and there in finding the tool box. From the tool box you can drag buttons
etc to the form.

In design mode right click your buttons to gain access to the click event
in the VBE.

Best n10

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to turn off the row # and col letters to create an excel f

Hi N10,
Thanks for your quick reply.

Once I put remove the col letters and row numbers and put a command button
on the spreadsheet and put code in the click event of the command button how
do I execute the code. I am familiar with how to do this using a form
created with the visual basic editor and running it from there but don't know
how to execute controls from a spreadsheet.

Thanks again,
Sterling

"N10" wrote:

"SHamil3864" wrote in message
I would like to be able to use an excel spread sheet to appear as a form
without the col letters and row numbers. Also, can I put controls on a
spreadsheet(ie command button) to be used with VBA code and if so can you
point me to an example?

Many thanks,
Sterling Hamilton

HI

ActiveWindow.DisplayHeadings = False

That turns of the rows and colums, obviously in a macro.

You can add buttons to any sheet by displaying the visual basic tool bar
and there in finding the tool box. From the tool box you can drag buttons
etc to the form.

In design mode right click your buttons to gain access to the click event
in the VBE.

Best n10

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Hamilton,

Why you don't use Userform and control ur spreadsheet/excel sheet
from there ?,

you can open youe VBE from excel and insert a new userform

Rgds,
HAlim

SHamil3864 menuliskan:
Hi N10,
Thanks for your quick reply.

Once I put remove the col letters and row numbers and put a command button
on the spreadsheet and put code in the click event of the command button how
do I execute the code. I am familiar with how to do this using a form
created with the visual basic editor and running it from there but don't know
how to execute controls from a spreadsheet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
N10 N10 is offline

Shamil

If you put code in the click even of the buttuon it will execute when you
click the button ! just as it would on a user form

Best N10

"N10" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi N10,
I just found that out...I feel a bit stupid at this point but that's ok,
I'm learning...many thanks for your help.

shamil

"N10" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Halim,
I need to display a spreadsheet after the user makes choices on the form
.... and if when the user makes the choices on the form and I display the
spreadsheet it will cover up the userform and I don't know if I will have
access to it again. If I put the controls on a spreadsheet I can display the
aray of cells and still see the controls.

I'm kinda new at this ... learning as I go along.

thanks for your help,

shamil

" wrote:

Hi Hamilton,

Why you don't use Userform and control ur spreadsheet/excel sheet
from there ?,

you can open youe VBE from excel and insert a new userform

Rgds,
HAlim

SHamil3864 menuliskan:
Hi N10,
Thanks for your quick reply.

Once I put remove the col letters and row numbers and put a command button
on the spreadsheet and put code in the click event of the command button how
do I execute the code. I am familiar with how to do this using a form
created with the visual basic editor and running it from there but don't know
how to execute controls from a spreadsheet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi N10,
Don't know if you got my reply so since I didn't see it here it is again.
I did what you suggested by creating a command button and putting it onto the
spreadsheet and then put some code in the click event. And, as you said, I
just clicked on it and it worked. Like I said in my reply to you I kinda
feel like a dummy ... I thought there would be more to it but I am so glad
there isn't.

Again, many thanks for your help,

shamil