Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default turn the letters N and Y into numbers just for totals

i am trying to make a rollup sheet that users input Y or N depending on the
question for each column and i want a total "completed (Y)" to be displayed
below
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bj bj is offline

try
=countif(range,"Y")

"Psycho-J" wrote:

i am trying to make a rollup sheet that users input Y or N depending on the
question for each column and i want a total "completed (Y)" to be displayed
below

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Look at the COUNTIF() function

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Psycho-J" wrote in message ...
|i am trying to make a rollup sheet that users input Y or N depending on the
| question for each column and i want a total "completed (Y)" to be displayed
| below

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

thanx it worked great. now is there a way to link them to other worksheets???

"bj" wrote:

try
=countif(range,"Y")

"Psycho-J" wrote:

i am trying to make a rollup sheet that users input Y or N depending on the
question for each column and i want a total "completed (Y)" to be displayed
below

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

thank you