Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Passwords problem

Hi there...

I have a protected workbook with 17 sheets, all of them protected with
different passwords.

When the user is in the sheet1 and then passes to the sheet2, he'll
have to type his "username" and "password" for this sheet (using a
UserForm), having to do the same, passing to sheet3, sheet4 and so
on...

The answer is:

how to liberate only the sheets already opened by this user, even after
he/she has closed the workbook ???

It means that when this user re-open the workbook, only the password
for this step (workbook) and of course for the sheets still closed (not
yet visited), will be requested...

Is it possible ??

Any help would be very appreciated... Thanks

Marcos.

--
socram_06
socram_06's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35983

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Once they have visited the sheet and unprotected it and saved the file then
the sheets are no longer protected. What your macro needs to do is to check
the status of the sheet when it is selected to see if it is protected or not.

If activesheet.protectcontents = true then
'show your form
end if
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"socram_06" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jim...

Thanks for answer, but I'll have at least 20 users, accessing the sam
file (at least 8 at the same time), and each one has a differen
level...
For this reason the workbook is also protected: depending on th
username and password, I'm trying let excel "knows" what sheet eac
user can open, without type a password again.

trying to illustrating: (all users are added by me, using
MasterSheet)

user1 ----- unprotected sheet5 ----- can open sheet1 to 5 (n
password)
to open the sheet6, a username and a password ar
required

user2 ----- unprotected sheet3 ----- can open sheet1 to 3 (n
password)
to open the sheet4, a username and a password ar
required

............. and so on.........

I've tried your code, but it works just with one user.
Any idea to make this works with several users ??? (or I'm doin
something wrong??)

Thanks

Marcos

--
socram_0
socram_06's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3598

Passwords dhightow Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 April 24th 06 08:22 PM
passwords steve Excel Programming 2 April 14th 06 03:20 PM
Passwords etc ccarmock[_4_] Excel Programming 4 January 4th 06 04:34 AM
Passwords Black Jack Excel Programming 1 June 29th 05 03:03 AM
Passwords Daryl Timm[_2_] Excel Programming 3 February 17th 05 01:32 AM