Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default compare columns

Hi

I am trying to create a code in Vba to compare the text of 2 columns in
Exel (for finding a list of words that are equal between the two) and
create another column with the result .Can you help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

For aguments lets suppose that the data to be compared are in columns A and
B - cells 1 to 10 respectively, and if they dont match fasle will appear in
the corresponding row in column C.

dim strA as string
dim strB as string
dim x as integer

for x=1 to 10
strA=cells(x,1)
strB=Celss(x,2)
if strA<strB then cells(x,3).value = false
next x

"abulenta" wrote in message
Hi

I am trying to create a code in Vba to compare the text of 2 columns in
Exel (for finding a list of words that are equal between the two) and
create another column with the result .Can you help me?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

yes it works but i need to compare each cell of the column B with each cell
of the column A,
maybe i need to use the comand loop until ?