Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default displaying results like a dashboard counter

Hello,
I built some VBA programmed simulation models with a number of charts.
What I would like to do now is to display some of the results like a
rev counter or a speedometer in a car, instead of a msgbox or yet
another chart.
So if result x may vary between -500% and +500%, it would be nice to
have something like a 180 meter ranging from -500 to +500 with an
arrow indicating de actual result.
Could anyone help me on this one or is my imagination too wild?
Thank you very much for any suggestions.
Herman

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Herman,

See Jon Peltier's Speedometer page at:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/SpeedometerXP.html

---
Regards,
Norman

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,
I built some VBA programmed simulation models with a number of charts.
What I would like to do now is to display some of the results like a
rev counter or a speedometer in a car, instead of a msgbox or yet
another chart.
So if result x may vary between -500% and +500%, it would be nice to
have something like a 180 meter ranging from -500 to +500 with an
arrow indicating de actual result.
Could anyone help me on this one or is my imagination too wild?
Thank you very much for any suggestions.
Herman

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Herman,
This gives some choices:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...o ogle+Search

NickHK

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,
I built some VBA programmed simulation models with a number of charts.
What I would like to do now is to display some of the results like a
rev counter or a speedometer in a car, instead of a msgbox or yet
another chart.
So if result x may vary between -500% and +500%, it would be nice to
have something like a 180 meter ranging from -500 to +500 with an
arrow indicating de actual result.
Could anyone help me on this one or is my imagination too wild?
Thank you very much for any suggestions.
Herman

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No, not too wild at all. Ive made circular gauges and clocks based on pie
charts, but their needles or hands were lines not an arrows.
However, you can make an arrow rotate using:
Worksheets(1).Shapes("Arrow").Rotation = Range("A1")
where Shapes(Arrow) is the named arrow autoshape, and cell A1 holds a
number between 270 and 360 or between 0 and 90, representing the rotation in
degrees. If you place a solid white rectangle exactly over the bottom half of
the arrow (when its vertical), the top half will mimic an arrow which moves
in a horizontal semicircle like a gauge. All you have to do then is put a
formula in A1 to convert your input data to numbers in the ranges
270-360/0-90, then work out how you want the macro to be run, and dress up
the space around the arrow with graphics and a scale to make the gauge.