Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default MsgBox formatting

Hello

How do I make a popup message box play a sound file automatically when it
appears. I would also like the box to flash different colours say from grey
to red until the ok button is clicked.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Mariner,

Mariner wrote:
How do I make a popup message box play a sound file automatically
when it appears. I would also like the box to flash different colours
say from grey to red until the ok button is clicked.

Some options for the MsgBox function will allow you to play default system
sounds when it is displayed (vbExclamation, etc). However, to play a custom
sound or flash colors, you will have to create a UserForm that looks like a
messagebox.

Jake Marx
www.longhead.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have uploaded a custom MsgBox to this site:
http://www.planet-source-code.com/vb...65065&lngWId=1

It doesn't flash, but it has a lot of extra options and if you have access
to VB6 than it is very easy to add that option.
Coming to think of it it might be an idea to add that option myself.

RBS