Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Tickbox value

Hi Guys,

I've a feeling this is a fairly basic question, but any help would be
appreciated...

I have a spreadsheet / questionnaire with a number of questions, and
each question has five potential answers. I've allowed the user to tick
a checkbox to indicate their answer, and linked each checkbox with a
result spreadsheet elsewhere so I can keep track of who's answered
what...

My question is this - each of the checkkboxes gives a TRUE / FALSE
value in the box that it is linked to... is there any way of changing
this value? I'd like to have a number associated with each of the
tickboxes - for example, the first box might print "0" or "1", the
second might print "0" or "2" etc...

I know I can use (if,,) to make a new table from the checkbox linked
cells but this seems a little inefficient...

Thanks in advance,

Chris...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you wanted to program an event for each of the boxes instead of linking
them, then you could handle it that way, but there is no setting that will
allow you to do what you want.

That said, it can be done with option buttons from the forms toolbar - but
you would have to enclose them in a groupbox. then they (all the option
buttons in the groupbox) will all be linked to the same cell and a number
will be returned indicating which box.

Tom Ogilvy