Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 2003: "Workbook.Open with URL does not work

Hi,

In an Excel 2000 programm I had the VBA code:

Dim myWB As Workbook
Dim myXMLpage As String
myXMLpage = "Here is the address of an external URL of a xml page"
Set myWB = Workbooks.Open(myXMLpage)

The value of myXMLpage looks like "http://www.xyz.com/502?tpl.xml".
Because of internal reasons I have to "hide" the corrrect address
standing behind "xyz.com" but the rest of the url is the same I use.

In Excel 2000 everything worked fine without any problems.

Since I moved to Excel 2003 VBA ends in a run time error while
executing the "Set myWB" command. I see that the open runs and thatb
the code tries to open but immediately later I get the run time error
with error numer 1004 and description "Method 'Open' of object
'Workbooks' failed." No other workbook is open in my Excel application
after the break.

Has anyone an idea how I get my programm running in Excel 2003 again?

Thanks in advance.
Winfried

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It's works fine with me.
I Tested: myXMLpage = "C:\Ticket.xml"

Wich version of excel 2003 are you using?
I know that the xml part is only available in the professional version

--
Kaak
Kaak's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7513

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

I used Excel 2000 from the Professional Office package. As much as I
know Excel 2003 behaves identically independently what Office 2003
package you bought and have.

Kaak schrieb:

It's works fine with me.
I Tested: myXMLpage = "C:\Ticket.xml"

Wich version of excel 2003 are you using?
I know that the xml part is only available in the professional version

--
Kaak
Kaak's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7513
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=564622

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No there is a diference for xml.

--
Kaak
Kaak's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7513
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=564622

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Kaak,

This is interesting. Do you have any further information or a link for
me to get the information I need.

Regards
Winfried