Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Error on opening and clsoing Excel

The following errors are displayed each time I open and close Excel:

On Opening- Compile Error in hidden module - Autoexec new

On Closing - Complile Erro in hidden module - DistMon

Im using excel 2003 with Windows XP Profesional Version 2002 Service Pack 2.

Any help appreciated.

p.s - This error has been present since I got the pc and don't think it has
resulted from any macros I have ceated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Those error are cause by, if I remember right, the PDF Maker
add-in. Go to the Tools menu, choose Add-Ins, and uncheck any
checked add-ins.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Mark Campbell" wrote in
message
The following errors are displayed each time I open and close
Excel:

On Opening- Compile Error in hidden module - Autoexec new

On Closing - Complile Erro in hidden module - DistMon

Im using excel 2003 with Windows XP Profesional Version 2002
Service Pack 2.

Any help appreciated.

p.s - This error has been present since I got the pc and don't
think it has
resulted from any macros I have ceated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Please note that if Chip's assumption is correct about PDFMaker.xla, unchecking
in Add-ins will not work.

See KB article http://support.microsoft.com/default...;EN-US;q307410

The PDFMaker.xla and maybe PDFMaker.dot are stored in your Office\XLSTART folder
or in the Excel\XLSTART folder.

Any files in these folders will open with Excel.

You must remove them from the XLSTART folder.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 17:36:33 -0500, "Chip Pearson" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mark, if you got Excel or Office pre-installed on your PC, odds are that the
installation was done incorrectly. Try doing a Repair via Add/Remove
programs. If that doesn't work, un-install Office, reboot and re-install
office.

Bob Flanagan
Macro Systems
144 Dewberry Drive