Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Make a list from two other lists in different files

Hi All,

I have a file which in column A had a list of numbers. There is a
second file with a different list of numbers in Column A. Ther are NO
repeated numbers, with the exception of the number 0.

I want to have a seperate file which gives me a list in column A of all
of the numbers in the first two files column A's that are not zero.

Any ideas, via macro or formula or otherwise?

Thanks in advance...

--
HouseofRahl
HouseofRahl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25161

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

HouseofRahl wrote:
Hi All,

I have a file which in column A had a list of numbers. There is a
second file with a different list of numbers in Column A. Ther are NO
repeated numbers, with the exception of the number 0.

I want to have a seperate file which gives me a list in column A of
all of the numbers in the first two files column A's that are not
zero.

Any ideas, via macro or formula or otherwise?

Thanks in advance...

Copy the first list below the second list then use Auto Filter to delete all
the zero rows

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That would be fine, except I need to have everything update as the firs
two files update.

If file one has a list of 17 numbers, with 3 being zero, I need m
external file to update if they change it to have 19 numbers with
being zero.

Ideally, I would have in my third file a list of all numbers not bein
zero, that updates when someone using one of the first two file
changes something.

Any ideas

--
HouseofRah