Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Formula Problem

I am having problems with a vlookup formula. My component for this formula
is the following. By clicking on a dropdown box, the user will select from a
list in cell [A3], then one cell over in [B3] a corresponding number will
display. Then on a separate worksheet, I have named several ranges in this
sheet. Next, I have a formula in [B4] that concatenate the word (Table) with
the information in B3. All of the above explanations are secondly formulas
to what I need for my real answer. I have a vlookup formula that uses the
cell B4 that matches my range name.

Example:

1. A3 = Toyota
2. B3 = 123
3. B4 = Table123 formula example is =concatenate
(€śTable€ť, B3)

Formula for lookup function is:

1 Vlookup(D10,B4,2)

What I want to see is a answer of say 12
But what Im getting is a answer of (#N/A)

Can somebody help let me know what Im doing wrong in this equation.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm not for certain that it will work but, try indirecting b4
Vlookup(D10,INDIRECT(B4),2)

HTH

Die_Another_Day
caldog wrote:
I am having problems with a vlookup formula. My component for this formula
is the following. By clicking on a dropdown box, the user will select from a
list in cell [A3], then one cell over in [B3] a corresponding number will
display. Then on a separate worksheet, I have named several ranges in this
sheet. Next, I have a formula in [B4] that concatenate the word (Table) with
the information in B3. All of the above explanations are secondly formulas
to what I need for my real answer. I have a vlookup formula that uses the
cell B4 that matches my range name.

Example:

1. A3 = Toyota
2. B3 = 123
3. B4 = Table123 formula example is =concatenate
("Table", B3)