-   -   Formula Problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/367897-formula-problem.html)

caldog

Formula Problem

I am having problems with a vlookup formula. My component for this formula
is the following. By clicking on a dropdown box, the user will select from a
list in cell [A3], then one cell over in [B3] a corresponding number will
display. Then on a separate worksheet, I have named several ranges in this
sheet. Next, I have a formula in [B4] that concatenate the word (Table) with
the information in B3. All of the above explanations are secondly formulas
to what I need for my real answer. I have a vlookup formula that uses the
cell B4 that matches my range name.

Example:

1. A3 = Toyota
2. B3 = 123
3. B4 = Table123 formula example is =concatenate
(€śTable€ť, B3)

Formula for lookup function is:

1 Vlookup(D10,B4,2)

What I want to see is a answer of say 12
But what Im getting is a answer of (#N/A)

Can somebody help let me know what Im doing wrong in this equation.

Die_Another_Day

Formula Problem

I'm not for certain that it will work but, try indirecting b4
Vlookup(D10,INDIRECT(B4),2)

HTH

Die_Another_Day
caldog wrote:
I am having problems with a vlookup formula. My component for this formula
is the following. By clicking on a dropdown box, the user will select from a
list in cell [A3], then one cell over in [B3] a corresponding number will
display. Then on a separate worksheet, I have named several ranges in this
sheet. Next, I have a formula in [B4] that concatenate the word (Table) with
the information in B3. All of the above explanations are secondly formulas
to what I need for my real answer. I have a vlookup formula that uses the
cell B4 that matches my range name.

Example:

1. A3 = Toyota
2. B3 = 123
3. B4 = Table123 formula example is =concatenate
("Table", B3)

Formula for lookup function is:

1 Vlookup(D10,B4,2)

What I want to see is a answer of say 12
But what I'm getting is a answer of (#N/A)

Can somebody help let me know what I'm doing wrong in this equation.

caldog

Formula Problem

Thanks for the information it works just fine.