Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default JPEG File Properties continued

Thanks to Michael! The suggested code worked to read the file properties from
JPEGs, however I had a couple of extra questions:

1) That code is not returning the Keywords field from the file properties.
Is it possible to get that as well?

2) How can I adapt to write to (as well as read from) the file properties
from excel?

Many thanks, Kaval

"Michel Pierron" wrote:

Hi Kaval,
You can try:

Private Sub FileInfo(iPath$, iFile$)
Dim i As Byte, u As Byte, Item$, Info
With CreateObject("Shell.Application").NameSpace(CStr(i Path))
For i = 0 To 34
Info = .GetDetailsOf(.ParseName(iFile), i)
Item = .GetDetailsOf(.Items, i)
If Len(Info) And Len(Item) Then
u = u + 1
Cells(u, 1) = .GetDetailsOf(.Items, i)
Cells(u, 2) = Info
End If
Next i
End With
End Sub

Sub Test()
Const P$ = "Path of My file name"
Const F$ = "My file name"
Call FileInfo(P, F)

MP

"Kaval" a écrit dans le message de news:
I notice that it is possible in windows explorer to attached comments and
other fields to JPEG files.

Is it possible to read those comments using excel VBA? What about writing
them?

I am considering using some of the property fields (eg comments, keywords,
titles, authors etc) to store info on our photos but I would like to be
able
to extract into excel and ideally update the fields from excel.

Any help welcome, Kaval

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I posted one way to read EXIF data here if that's what you mean by keywords.
It needs Veign's class module.

http://tinyurl.com/ojdbz

Regards,
Peter T