Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default XLA Editing Problem "read-only"

All,

Using Excel XP (SP3), after editing my Add-In, I frequently get this warning
message that tells me the file is read-only and can't be saved or it tells
me it's locked by another user. I close it and open it again and the
problem usually goes away. There is no network involved; it's a standalone
computer. I had a techie friend check my computer and he said that McAfee
anti-virus had the file locked.

Thanks,
Mark