-   -   XLA Editing Problem "read-only" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/367816-xla-editing-problem-read-only.html)

Mark Dev[_2_]

XLA Editing Problem "read-only"

All,

Using Excel XP (SP3), after editing my Add-In, I frequently get this warning
message that tells me the file is read-only and can't be saved or it tells
me it's locked by another user. I close it and open it again and the
problem usually goes away. There is no network involved; it's a standalone
computer. I had a techie friend check my computer and he said that McAfee
anti-virus had the file locked.

Thanks,
Mark