Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Select Minimum Field

Hey guys,

Im having a problem with excel, made obvious by posting here ;)

Anyway I've got a list of names of items, and next to them I have th
prices in plain decimal numbers.

What I'm trying to achieve is to get the cheapest (lowest) result to b
highlighted by say yellow. So change the background to yellow.

I've had a look about on the website and google and can't seem to fin
what im looking for. I have some basic VBA knowledge but can't seem t
put the logic together for it. (assuming this is a VBA task)

If any of you could point me in the right direction. That would b
great :)

Thanks

--
Viso
Visor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3658

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hey, thanks for the quick reply.

I've done exactly as you've said, however it's not gave me the result
expected.

Basically this is what my "test" spreadsheet consists of

- A | B | C
________________
1 | Dave 3
2 | Sarah 2
3 | Chris 23

I selected B1, then clicked "Format" - Conditional Formatting.

Selected "Formula is" on the first drop down box, then typed i
=MIN(B1:B3)

Then I clicked teh "format" button, and selected the pattern to yellow
Basically, this just gave B1 a yellow background.

Obviously B1 isn't the lowest number. Where've I cocked up? lol I
looks like it _should_ work to me

--
Viso
Visor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3658
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56327

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Any ideas?

--
Visor
Visor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36585

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hey. The picture I drew might not look good, but i applied the
formatting to the numbers column. Just highlighted all the numbers
instead of the minimum one.

A column is the names, B column is the numbers

--
Visor
Visor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36585
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=563276