Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default loop to excute data

I try to modify the code below to copy data from column 1 cell value
if next column 2 cell value is numeric and paste it to column 3. Also
i try to assign "Activecell" to the assign column where data to be cop
and paste. Hope someone in this forum may assist me to solve thi
problem.

'From (before modify):
Sub Loop()
Do :
If IsEmpty(ActiveCell) Then
If IsEmpty(ActiveCell.Offset(0, -1)) Then
ActiveCell.Value = ""
Else
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=(RC[-2])"
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select
Loop Until IsEmpty(ActiveCell.Offset(0, -2))
End Sub

'to (after modify):

Sub Loop2()
Dim N As Integer
Dim Celcal1 As Integer
Dim cell1 As Object

Celcal1 = Range("A1").CurrentRegion.Rows.Count
For N = 1 To Celcal1
Set cell1 = Cells(N, 3)

Do
If IsEmpty(cell1) Then
If IsEmpty(cell1.Offset(0, -1)) Then
cell1.Value = ""
Else
cell1.FormulaR1C1 = "=(RC[-2])"
cell1.Offset(1, 0).Select
Loop Until IsEmpty(cell1.Offset(0, -2))
Next N
End Sub

:confused

--
VBNewbi
VBNewbie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3652

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not sure if this is you are after, as your description didn't match your
code, but...
Sub Loop3()
Dim N As Integer

With Range("A1")
For N = 0 To .CurrentRegion.Rows.Count - 1
If IsEmpty(.Offset(N, 2).Value) And IsNumeric(.Offset(N, 2).Value)
Then
.Offset(N, 2).FormulaR1C1 = "=(RC[-2])"
End If
Next N
End With
End Sub

NickHK

"VBNewbie" wrote in
message ...

I try to modify the code below to copy data from column 1 cell value
if next column 2 cell value is numeric and paste it to column 3. Also,
i try to assign "Activecell" to the assign column where data to be copy
and paste. Hope someone in this forum may assist me to solve this
problem.

'From (before modify):
Sub Loop()
Do :
[...]

VBNewbie
VBNewbie's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=562776

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You're missing a "."

Then
<fullstopOffset(N, 2).FormulaR1C1 = "=(RC[-2])"

NickHK

"VBNewbie" wrote in
message ...

Many thanks NickHK, I tried to test your code line but i facing the
compile error for the code line below:

If IsEmpty(.Offset(N, 2).Value) And IsNumeric(.Offset(N, 2).Value)
Then
Offset(N, 2).FormulaR1C1 = "=(RC[-2])"

--
VBNewbie
VBNewbie's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=562776

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I replace it with fullstop but still compile error..???:eek

--
VBNewbi
VBNewbie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3652
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56277