Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default check box help

My program currently uses a forms-type check box (a shape as opposed to an
OLE object, I think). I use this type because it was more convenient to use
the OnAction property when defining teh check box and I couldn't figure out
how to set the OnAction for an OLE object. The trouble is the default mouse
pointer for the check box is a hand, rather than the pointer. Can anyone
help me to either: 1) define an OnAction property for the one type of check
box or 2) change the mouse pointer property for the other.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

With OLEObjects, there are associated events. If you go to design mode, the
blue-green triangle on the control toolbox, you can then double-click the
object, and that will take you to the sheet code window, with a click event
for that object outlined for you.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"excel_stuck via OfficeKB.com" <u23938@uwe wrote in message
My program currently uses a forms-type check box (a shape as opposed to an
OLE object, I think). I use this type because it was more convenient to

use
the OnAction property when defining teh check box and I couldn't figure

out
how to set the OnAction for an OLE object. The trouble is the default

mouse
pointer for the check box is a hand, rather than the pointer. Can anyone
help me to either: 1) define an OnAction property for the one type of

check
box or 2) change the mouse pointer property for the other.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Bob, but I probably need to be clearer. I currently create the check
box (actually many of them) in a macro. At creation time, I define the
OnAction ( .OnAction = "blah" ). This allows me a generic routine for all
checkboxes. Then, in the code, I figure out which checkbox (type) has been
clicked to decide the appropriate action. With your suggestion, unless I am
missing something (which is probably the case!) I am assigning a specific
click action for a specific checkbox. I was hoping to use a global click
action for all checkboxes, and use the OnAction method for defining it (for
the OLEObjects-type checkbox). Alternatively (an simpler for me, regarding
lots of code changes), I was hoping to define the mousepointer property for a
shapes-type checkbox.

I hope that is clearer...

Bob Phillips wrote:
With OLEObjects, there are associated events. If you go to design mode, the
blue-green triangle on the control toolbox, you can then double-click the
object, and that will take you to the sheet code window, with a click event
for that object outlined for you.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

My program currently uses a forms-type check box (a shape as opposed to an
OLE object, I think). I use this type because it was more convenient to use

[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]
Message posted via OfficeKB.com