Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need Help Filtering Duplicates in Excel

I have a .csv file that contains a list of zip codes and associated
sales tax rates for all the various counties within the State of Ohio.
There are multiple tax rates for some of the zip codes within this
file.

The file contains 3 columns as follows:
Column A = Zip Code
Column B = County Name
Column C = Tax Rate

I need to know if it is possible to remove duplicates in Column A while
keeping the highest value in column C.

Basically, my list may contain 3 or 4 different County Names and Tax
rates for 1 specific Zip Code. I need to filter my list so that there
are no duplicate zip codes but keep the highest tax rate for each zip
code.

Example:

Zip County Rate
43110 Franklin 6.75
43110 Fairfield 6.25
43110 Licking 6.50

In this example above, the final filtered result should return the
following and delete the 2 others that had the lower tax rates:
Zip County Rate
43110 Franklin 6.75

The reason for this is for an online store that I need to upload a csv
file for sales tax rates. If I upload the csv file as it is, my online
store will charge the first rate it comes to for a specific zip code.
When it comes to collecting the sales tax, I want to be sure I collect
the highest rate per zip code thus creating the need to filter out any
duplicates containing the lower tax rates.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks In Advance
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

wrote:
[...]

dear Mike,

Apply Filter to all the three columns and select each country from the
filter and filtered data on the basis of tax column, you will get your
desired answer.

Regards
Thyagaraj