Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Formula protection

Hi Group

In excel how can I protect a formula in a cell if that same cell (say
cell C1) has also got a drop down list(say list is Names of people) to
choose from?

The formula in the cell(C1) is mearnt to pick up values from another
sheet if a condition cell(B1) is "yes". If "no" then my intention is
for the user to be able to pick from a drop down list in that
cell(C1). Everything works fine if cell B1 is initially "yes" or "no".
My problem is that regardless of what cell B1 has, use of the drop down
list deletes the formula such that if you then later decide to select
"yes" the formula is not there anymore!! and nothing happens.

Another question is in Excel how do you write a result from one
cell(say A1) to another(say B1) without writing formula in the
destination cell(B1), without using code!!

--
jzifodya
jzifodya's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35557

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can't have 2 values in the same cell; you either have a formula or a
value, but not both.

For your second part, again you can't. You want excel to guess which cell it
should also put the result in ?
Use a formula/code and tell excel what you want to do.

NickHK

"jzifodya" wrote in
message ...