Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Checkbox & Combo Box help

I just started working as an intern for a building contractor and was
given this assignment. When people are having a house built, they need
to choose different options and upgrades. One of the upgrades is for
paint. I have very little experience with excel but managed to get
most of it to work with functions and links but now I'm stuck. :(
After a couple weeks of digging into the help features and having only
suffered two nervous breakdowns, I've almost got it figured out!... but
I need help on a couple things.

If a client is choosing different upgrade features and has for
instance, chosen the Master Bedroom in Red, both the master bedroom
checkbox would be checked and the combo box would be set to red. Now,
if the client decides to go with the standard features, they would then
click the option button for "Standard Features". *Here's the problem:*
The Checkbox and Combo box for the Master bedroom doesn't reset. Does
anybody know a macro, link, function or any other way to make it so
that once somebody changes their mind and goes back to standard
features, all the upgraded features reset to the unchecked state and
the "Choose Color" state?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thank you!

|Filename: Paint Upgrades.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=5043 |

Sweetpea
Sweetpea's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36419
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=561926

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi,
you will have to add code to EACH checkbox to uncheck other checkboxes. this
could get complcated depending on how may check boxes you have and how many
configurations you can have. but here is simple code for 2 check boxes. as
one is checked, the other is unchecked.
Private Sub CheckBox1_Click()
If CheckBox1.Value = True Then
CheckBox2.Value = False

Private Sub CheckBox2_Click()
If CheckBox2.Value = True Then
CheckBox1.Value = False

this may not solve your whole problem but maybe it will get you started
regards
FSt1

"Sweetpea" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You have that option button linked to a non-existent macro called
OptionButton13_Click.

Add this code to a standard code module

Sub StandardFeatures()
With ActiveSheet
For Each cb In .CheckBoxes
cb.Value = False
Next cb
For Each dd In .DropDowns
If dd.Name < "Drop Down 59" Then
dd.ListIndex = 1
End If
Next dd
End With
End Sub

assign this macto to the Standard Features button, and you are away.

BTW, you would do well to rename all the CBs, Combos and buttons to
meaningful names, it aids programming.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Sweetpea" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you sooo much Bob, that was exactly what I needed!! It worke
beautifully. :)
Thank you both for your suggestions and speedy response! It is greatl
appreciated!!!!!

--
Sweetpe
Sweetpea's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3641