Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Change Screen Resolution Macro

Hello fellow programmers! I am in need of a macro that changes the
computer's screen resoultion to 1600x1200. I have read some past posts
about having columns selected and having the zoom function take care of
this and some other people's comments about how no program should do
this...however, I don't care if the screen resolution is changes
because if I had the macro I could always have it set it back to the
original size once the workbook is closed. Now I know computers I am
working with can handle this size resolution and I know it wouldn't be
a issue if the screen resolution changes on startup...so any help would
be much appreciated. I am strickly looking for a macro to change screen
resolution not the zoom aspect of Excel. Thanks! I know I can always
count on the boards for help...

-Shaka215

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Shaka215,

You will need to use the Windows API to accomplish this. Look at thi
post at "thescripts" community. It is very well written macro.

The URL is http://www.thescripts.com/forum/thread13907.html

Sincerely,
Leith Ros

--
Leith Ros
Leith Ross's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1846

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Leith,

Thank you for the URL however, I am an amature at best when it comes to
VB Code...Would you mind telling me exactly what the code is? I tried
to make sense of it on my own but got lost once I got into
"DevM.dmPelsWidth = 1024 'ScreenWidth - could also be 800, etc"...Much
appreciated. Thanks man!

Leith Ross wrote:
Hello Shaka215,

You will need to use the Windows API to accomplish this. Look at this
post at "thescripts" community. It is very well written macro.

The URL is http://www.thescripts.com/forum/thread13907.html

Sincerely,
Leith Ross

--