Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can't get screen resolution

The following code is not getting the screen resolution for me.

Dim lWidth As Long
Dim lHeight As Long

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
getScreenResolution lWidth, lHeight
MsgBox lWidth & " x " & lHeight, , "screen resolution"
End Sub

The error it is bringing up is sub or function not defined. The funny thing
is that it was working. All that is different is that I put my code into
another programmers file (we are both working on the same project - but doing
different parts)

Please if anyone can suggest the reason or another way to get the resolution
would be greatly appreciated

Steve S

--
SS
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks. That is finding it now. I am using the following code to try & scale
to the pixel size. Can you see what I'm doing wrong

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
GetSystemMetrics32 0, 1
'MsgBox (lWidth)
Select Case X
Case 640:
Windows(1).Zoom = 79
Case 800:
Windows(1).Zoom = 100
Case 1024:
Windows(1).Zoom = 130
Case 1152:
Windows(1).Zoom = 149
Case 1280:
Windows(1).Zoom = 161
End Select
SS

"Don Guillett" wrote:

use

Declare Function GetSystemMetrics32 Lib "user32" Alias _
"GetSystemMetrics" (ByVal nIndex As Long) As Long
Sub Resolution()
x = GetSystemMetrics32(0)
y = GetSystemMetrics32(1)
MsgBox "My screen resolution is " & x & " by " & y & "."
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"StevenS" wrote in message
The following code is not getting the screen resolution for me.

Dim lWidth As Long
Dim lHeight As Long

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
getScreenResolution lWidth, lHeight
MsgBox lWidth & " x " & lHeight, , "screen resolution"
End Sub

The error it is bringing up is sub or function not defined. The funny

thing
is that it was working. All that is different is that I put my code into
another programmers file (we are both working on the same project - but

doing
different parts)

Please if anyone can suggest the reason or another way to get the

resolution
would be greatly appreciated

Steve S

--
SS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

try this neater version. The main problem was
GetSystemMetrics32 0, 1

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
Select Case GetSystemMetrics32(0)
Case 640: x = 79