Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dev dev is offline

Default Add menu item to right click

How can I add my own menu item to the right click context menu.

When user clicks on a cell and right clicks; I want my own menu item to be
seen - so that I can run a macro, when user clicks that menu and also wants
to disable that menu for some cells...

Any help is really appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello Dev,

Copy this code and paste it into a new VBA Module in your Workbook. Run
it once to add your menu item to the Right-Click menu. Besure to change
MyMacro and MyMenuCaption to what you want.

Code:
--------------------

Public Sub AddToContextMenu()

Dim C
Dim cmdNew As CommandBarButton
Dim MyMenuCaption As String

MyMenuCaption = "Call MyMacro" '<<<< Change this

'Don't add the Menu if it exists.
For Each C In Excel.CommandBars("cell").Controls
If C.Caption = MyMenuCaption Then
Exit Sub
End If
Next C

Set cmdNew = Excel.CommandBars("cell").Controls.Add
With cmdNew
.Caption = MyMenuCaption
.OnAction = "MyMacro name" '<<< Insert the name of your Macro
.BeginGroup = True
End With

End Sub

Public Sub RemoveFromContextMenu()

Dim MyMenuCaption As String

On Error Resume Next
MyMenuCaption = "Call MyMacro" '<<<< Change this
With CommandBars("cell").Controls(MyMenuCaption)
.BeginGroup = False
End With

End Sub

Sincerely,