Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Create a Pivot Table with VBA HelP

Hello,

I am looking for some help to create a Pivot table with VBA. Basicall
I have a set of Forecasts to download out of a database and it alway
comes in the same format, however, the information, months, etc
change. I need a pivot table generated that can tell how many rows an
columns are there plus adapt to the different headers....an
sugestions?? I really want this pivot table to be generated when I ru
my formating macro.

Thanks,
Mat

--
matt400
matt4003's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=963

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Depending on the source database I think I might rotate the table before
bringing it into excel.

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"matt4003" wrote:

| Hello,
|
| I am looking for some help to create a Pivot table with VBA. Basically
| I have a set of Forecasts to download out of a database and it always
| comes in the same format, however, the information, months, etc.
| change. I need a pivot table generated that can tell how many rows and
| columns are there plus adapt to the different headers....any
| sugestions?? I really want this pivot table to be generated when I run
| my formating macro.
|
| Thanks,
| Matt
|

| --
| matt4003
| matt4003's Profile:
| View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=561900

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Actually, I am looking for VBA sources on how to right a little program
that will create the pivot table for me....the database is really just a
website that is very stringent and then I reformat. But the raw data
needs to be in the form it is in because we will be editing it...the
pivot tables are for reviewing the data....

Do you have any good sources??

Thanks,
Matt

--
matt4003
matt4003's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=9635

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Matt,
Record a macro whilst performing the pivot steps.
That will give a good idea of the required code.

NickHK

"matt4003" wrote in
message ...

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Actually, I am looking for VBA sources on how to right a little program
that will create the pivot table for me....the database is really just a
website that is very stringent and then I reformat. But the raw data
needs to be in the form it is in because we will be editing it...the
pivot tables are for reviewing the data....

Do you have any good sources??

Thanks,
Matt

--
matt4003
matt4003's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=561900

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hello,

I did the record Macro thing, and yes it gives me a good idea...but I
am lacking the basic understanding of how to make it dynamic. Let me
paint the picture for you:

Each week I (or my team) forecasts sales on part number. The download
has the Calendar week updated for the current week. Depending on the
week, an new month could have started, so one of the months will no
longer be downloaded during the week. So basically, I need to find out
how I can identify name ranges and have the pivot table not be
constrictive to the exact data field names, rather on a reference of
cells.....I am probably not being very clear. Maybe some one has some
good internet links to help me get started.

Thansk,
Matt