Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Accessing Excel data through Outlook 2003

Sorry if this is a little off topic as I can't seem to find an Outlook
userbase as big as Excel's. My problem is simple, but it may be a
little more skewed towards an Outlook perspective over Excel,
nevertheless I have confidence out there that someone will know this:

I'm trying to get a script going that I can apply as a rule in Outlook
2003 so that it automatically goes through my inbox and:

1. Looks for certain keywords in the subject line
2. If a match, generates a simple email back to the sender
3. In this email grabs a data field, (ie A1 in a single column of data)
from an excel spreadsheet and includes it in the generated reply
4. Updates the spreadsheet as to delete the grabbed content and move
everything up one row (ie A2 is now A1)
5. Repeats this as necessary.

Anyone have any tips or resources to recommend to me?

Thanks in advance!

--
echostorm
echostorm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36416

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Can anyone help

--
echostor
echostorm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3641

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

For the Excel part, record a macro of the required steps to get you started.
Then in Outlook, make a reference to your Excel library, create an instance
Excel then base your code on that generated by Excel.

NickHK

"echostorm" wrote
in message ...

Can anyone help?