Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Count Form Button Depressions

Hi everyone,

I have a Form Button called "A". I would like to count how many times
it is pushed.
I also have a Form Button called "B". I would like the count of Form
Button "A" to reset to ZERO when Form Button "B" is pressed.

Thanks in Advance.
All the Best.
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Make a public variable in a normal module (at the top), say
something like lCountButtonA, so:
Public lCountButtonA As Long

In form A have somehing like this:

Private Sub CommandButtonA_Click()
lCountButtonA = lCountButtonA + 1
End Sub

In form B have somehing like this:

Private Sub CommandButtonB_Click()
lCountButtonA = 0
End Sub

RBS

"Paul Black" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi everyone,

I have a Form Button called "A". I would like to count how many times
it is pushed.
I also have a Form Button called "B". I would like the count of Form
Button "A" to reset to ZERO when Form Button "B" is pressed.

Thanks in Advance.
All the Best.
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the reply RBS,

What I ideally want is the count of the depressions of Form Button "A"
to appear in Cell I22.
The code I am using for Form Button "A" is :-

Sub Testl()
Calculate
With Sheets("A").Range("H20")
.Value = .Value + Application.Sum(Sheets("A").Range("H18:J18"))
End With
End Sub

Thanks in Advance.
All the Best.
Paul

"Paul Black" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi everyone,

I have a Form Button called "A". I would like to count how many times
it is pushed.
I also have a Form Button called "B". I would like the count of Form
Button "A" to reset to ZERO when Form Button "B" is pressed.

Thanks in Advance.
All the Best.
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

OK, it will be the same.
Just replace the variable lCountButtonA with:
Cells(22, 9)

RBS

oups.com...

"Paul Black" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi everyone,

I have a Form Button called "A". I would like to count how many times
it is pushed.
I also have a Form Button called "B". I would like the count of Form
Button "A" to reset to ZERO when Form Button "B" is pressed.

Thanks in Advance.
All the Best.
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks RBS,

Unfortunately I am new to VBA and am unsure of how to incorporate this
into the existing code.

Thanks again.
All the Best.
Paul

"Paul Black" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi everyone,

I have a Form Button called "A". I would like to count how many times
it is pushed.
I also have a Form Button called "B". I would like the count of Form
Button "A" to reset to ZERO when Form Button "B" is pressed.

Thanks in Advance.
All the Best.
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can leave the:
Public lCountButtonA as Long
as it is or take it out.

In other places replace lCountButtonA with:
Cells(22, 9)
You may have to do:
Sheet1.Cells(22, 9) or whatever sheet that cell is on.

Nil else to be done.

RBS

oups.com...

"Paul Black" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi everyone,

I have a Form Button called "A". I would like to count how many
times
it is pushed.
I also have a Form Button called "B". I would like the count of Form
Button "A" to reset to ZERO when Form Button "B" is pressed.

Thanks in Advance.
All the Best.
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub Counter() 'Assigned to you're A Button
Dim CurrCount As Long
Range("A1").Value = Range("A1") + 1
End Sub

Sub ClearCount() 'Assigned to your B Button
Range("a1").Value = 0
End Sub

"Paul Black" wrote in message
oups.com:

Hi everyone,

I have a Form Button called "A". I would like to count how many times
it is pushed.
I also have a Form Button called "B". I would like the count of Form
Button "A" to reset to ZERO when Form Button "B" is pressed.

Thanks in Advance.
All the Best.
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the reply Jim,

I left out the line of code ...

Dim CurrCount As Long

.... for "A" and incorporated the line of code ...

Range("A1").Value = Range("A1") + 1

.... which worked perfectly.
I incorporated the line of code for "B" ...

Range("a1").Value = 0

.... which also worked perfectly.

Thanks for the reply RBS,

I will also try out your suggestion.

Thank you both.
All the Best.
Paul

You can leave the:

"Paul Black" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi everyone,

I have a Form Button called "A". I would like to count how many
times
it is pushed.
I also have a Form Button called "B". I would like the count of Form
Button "A" to reset to ZERO when Form Button "B" is pressed.

Thanks in Advance.
All the Best.
Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

I protected the sheet without using a password and it seems to work OK.
Can my code be improved please :-

Sub Test1()
ActiveSheet.Unprotect
Calculate
With Sheets("A").Range("H20")
.Value = .Value + Application.Sum(Sheets("A").Range("H18:J18"))
End With
ActiveSheet.Protect
End Sub

Thanks in Advance.
All the Best.
Paul

Paul Black wrote:
Thanks for the reply Jim,

I left out the line of code ...

Dim CurrCount As Long

... for "A" and incorporated the line of code ...

Range("A1").Value = Range("A1") + 1

... which worked perfectly.
I incorporated the line of code for "B" ...

Range("a1").Value = 0

... which also worked perfectly.

Thanks for the reply RBS,

I will also try out your suggestion.