Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Is there a way to vlookup and keep format?

Hi, I'm looking for a way to do vlookup, and I want to keep the format
in argument 3 (where argument 3 in "=vlookup(A2,MyLookup,2,0)" is "2")

--
farful
farful's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36172

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nope... VLookup is a function and functions can ONLY return values. They can
not modify formats or other settings. This is just as true of built in
functions as it is of user defined functions...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"farful" wrote:

Hi, I'm looking for a way to do vlookup, and I want to keep the format
in argument 3 (where argument 3 in "=vlookup(A2,MyLookup,2,0)" is "2")

--
farful
farful's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36172
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=561591

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hmm, in that case, anyone have a VBA code or such that would vlookup an
keep format

--
farfu
farful's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=3617

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not using a formula - you'd have to use VBA to search for the match and copy/paste the return value

Tim

"farful" wrote in message

Hmm, in that case, anyone have a VBA code or such that would vlookup and
keep format?