Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default When was data added

I was wondering if it's possible to look at the properties of Cells or Rows
to determine when they were entered into the excel sheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

THANKS

"Gary Brown" wrote in
message ...
Sorry but NO.
--
HTH,
Gary Brown

If this post was helpful to you, please select ''YES'' at the bottom of
the
post.

"HotRod" wrote:

I was wondering if it's possible to look at the properties of Cells or
Rows
to determine when they were entered into the excel sheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No, you can't get that from just the cell. However, there are ways of
building a log of cell(s) activity. That way you can look at the log and
get the info you want. HTH Otto
"HotRod" wrote in message
I was wondering if it's possible to look at the properties of Cells or Rows
to determine when they were entered into the excel sheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thought about that for future use but I was more concerned with the data
that already exists. I was also wondering if I built a log how much
processing would be used if someone cut and pasted a bunch of data into
cells. What Event would I fire on to cover a whole worksheet?

Is there a way to hide these logs? Worksheets?

"HotRod" wrote in message
I was wondering if it's possible to look at the properties of Cells or
Rows to determine when they were entered into the excel sheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You would want to use the Worksheet_Change event. The code in the macro
would list the cell address of the cell that was changed as well as the date
and anything else you want (value maybe? Time maybe?) in some other sheet.
You could set that sheet to VeryHidden. This means the sheet name would not
appear under Format - Sheet - Unhide. If the user knew how, he could make
the sheet visible. However, the casual Excel user would not know how. How
much processing would be used is a wide open question. You would just have
to set it up and use it and see if it cramps you some way. Otto