Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Dim VBComp As VBIDE.VBComponent

I am getting the "user-defined type not defined" error message on this line:

Dim VBComp As VBIDE.VBComponent

I thought I had worked around it but, when the modules were imported, they
only contained jibberish so obviously I need this line.

Can anyone tell me what is missing?

--
Best wishes,

Jim
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You need to add a reference to "Microsoft Visual Basic For
Applications Extensibility" (in the VBA window, select
Tools/References and set the check box for this).

Andrew

Jim Jackson wrote:
I am getting the "user-defined type not defined" error message on this line:

Dim VBComp As VBIDE.VBComponent

I thought I had worked around it but, when the modules were imported, they
only contained jibberish so obviously I need this line.

Can anyone tell me what is missing?

--
Best wishes,

Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I've avoided having to add reference with:
Dim VBComp As Object

--
David?B?SmltIEphY2tzb24=?= wrote

I am getting the "user-defined type not defined" error message on this
line:

Dim VBComp As VBIDE.VBComponent

I thought I had worked around it but, when the modules were imported,
they only contained jibberish so obviously I need this line.

Can anyone tell me what is missing?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

After further investigation, I found that a later line's absence caused the
jibberish. Now I am having trouble getting the routine to pass to the next
file in the directory. What seemed to work earlier now gets an error message
"Invalid procedure call or argument". I am using these two lines

w = Dir("H:\*.xls") ' sets the path
'check for modules and export/import - close the first workbook
w = Dir() ' Is supposed to cause the choosing of the next file in the folder

--
Best wishes,

Jim

"David" wrote:

I've avoided having to add reference with:
Dim VBComp As Object

--
David?B?SmltIEphY2tzb24=?= wrote

I am getting the "user-defined type not defined" error message on this
line:

Dim VBComp As VBIDE.VBComponent

I thought I had worked around it but, when the modules were imported,
they only contained jibberish so obviously I need this line.

Can anyone tell me what is missing?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry, but I can't help with that. Maybe someone else will jump in.

--
David=?

Utf-8?B?SmltIEphY2tzb24=?= wrote

After further investigation, I found that a later line's absence
caused the jibberish. Now I am having trouble getting the routine to
pass to the next file in the directory. What seemed to work earlier
now gets an error message
"Invalid procedure call or argument". I am using these two lines

w = Dir("H:\*.xls") ' sets the path
'check for modules and export/import - close the first workbook
w = Dir() ' Is supposed to cause the choosing of the next file in the
folder

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You don't say which line gets flagged - I presume it's one
of the calls to Dir. Messages like "Invalid procedure call or
argument" on standard functions are usually caused by
missing references: go to Tools/References again and
see if there are any references marked as "MISSING".

Andrew