Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Programatically Unlocking a Project in the VBIDE

Here is the situation. We have a bunch of spreadsheets all with the same
module in them. I need to add Option Private Module at the top of these
modules as they expose some procedures that should not be exposed to the
users. I have the code to insert the line but the spreadsheets that contain
this module are locked. I have the password, but when I look at the VBIDE
object I can not find a method for unlocking the project. Chip's site does
not mention how to unlock the project and I can not find a solution on the
net...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There is no programmatic way to unlock a protected project. The
only way is to attempt to use SendKeys. Not a very satisfactory
solution.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Jim Thomlinson"
wrote in message
Here is the situation. We have a bunch of spreadsheets all with
the same
module in them. I need to add Option Private Module at the top
of these
modules as they expose some procedures that should not be
exposed to the
users. I have the code to insert the line but the spreadsheets
that contain
this module are locked. I have the password, but when I look at
the VBIDE
object I can not find a method for unlocking the project.
Chip's site does
not mention how to unlock the project and I can not find a
solution on the
net...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Chip... That is what I was afraid of... My own mistake for leaving the
procedures exposed to the users... Now I get to fix them all manually...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson