Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default no view combo in cell with data validation

With all the same option, only in a particolar sheet the cell doesn't
show the combo box with choice-setting in data validation.

The cell contains data validation (YES;NO) with the same options of the
cell in an other sheet. With a copy/paste the validation of cell is
correct but doesn't show the combo box!

I look for a particolar option in general setting of sheet, but ALL THE
OPTION are the same of the other sheet where the cell works correctly
(that is it shows the combo box)

Thanks in advance
M.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

if you do

Tools=Options=View Tab and under objects, select Hide All, then the
dropdown arrow doesn't appear when it normally would. Maybe this is
related.

Tom Ogilvy

"miro" wrote:

With all the same option, only in a particolar sheet the cell doesn't
show the combo box with choice-setting in data validation.

The cell contains data validation (YES;NO) with the same options of the
cell in an other sheet. With a copy/paste the validation of cell is
correct but doesn't show the combo box!

I look for a particolar option in general setting of sheet, but ALL THE
OPTION are the same of the other sheet where the cell works correctly
(that is it shows the combo box)

Thanks in advance
M.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Tom four your precious support...
But setting Show ALL it doesn't appear.

I try with a new sheet, it disappears when Hide All is selected and
appears when Show All is selected. But... in my sheet there is no
difference!!

Really strange..

M.

"miro" wrote:

With all the same option, only in a particolar sheet the cell doesn't
show the combo box with choice-setting in data validation.

The cell contains data validation (YES;NO) with the same options of the
cell in an other sheet. With a copy/paste the validation of cell is
correct but doesn't show the combo box!

I look for a particolar option in general setting of sheet, but ALL THE
OPTION are the same of the other sheet where the cell works correctly
(that is it shows the combo box)

Thanks in advance
M.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Wild guess, but in xl97, there was a bug where if you used windows freeze
panes it could affect the appearance of the drop down as I recall. Could
you by chance be using xl97 with freeze panes?

Tom Ogilvy

"miro" wrote:

With all the same option, only in a particolar sheet the cell doesn't
show the combo box with choice-setting in data validation.

The cell contains data validation (YES;NO) with the same options of the
cell in an other sheet. With a copy/paste the validation of cell is
correct but doesn't show the combo box!

I look for a particolar option in general setting of sheet, but ALL THE
OPTION are the same of the other sheet where the cell works correctly
(that is it shows the combo box)

Thanks in advance
M.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I use xl2003 with freeze panes.

If I try all possibilities (free panes, setting HideAll in object,
resetting ShowAll, refreeze panes, .... ) the problem persists.

Thanks Tom.
M.