Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default data validation and combo box

hi
i am using the tutorial from he
i have modified it for my purposes using only one column
for my validation. the trouble is when i use it the Validation Box
is appearing under the Combo Box i want the user to use.
i does not appear that way in the sample file i down loaded
if someone could look at this and perhaps suggest where i have gone wrong ,
i would greatly appreciate it

thanx

Mac
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Did you change the code, or just the worksheet?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Under" means below or behind?

Trace your modification steps against Debra's sample workbook and you should
be able to see where yours differs.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 08:00:01 -0700, macataq
wrote:

hi
i am using the tutorial from he
i have modified it for my purposes using only one column
for my validation. the trouble is when i use it the Validation Box
is appearing under the Combo Box i want the user to use.
i does not appear that way in the sample file i down loaded
if someone could look at this and perhaps suggest where i have gone wrong ,
i would greatly appreciate it

thanx

Mac

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the quick responses
the only changes i made to the sheet was to change the number of rows (from
12 to 33)
the number of validation lists (from 2 to 1) and location of the list (from
j2:j8 and
L2:L13, to C73:c105)
i am probably missing something simple. the combo box works as it is
supposed to, it just not look right. and yes when i say "under" i should have
said behind. it sticks out past the edge of the combo box.

thanks again

Mac
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try experimenting with these two settings in the worksheet code.

.Width = Target.Width + 15
.Height = Target.Height + 5

Play with them until you lose sight of the DV arrow

Gord