Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default ERROR WITH MACRO EXCEL

Hi!

I have a problem!

I have a program made in Delphi 7,
I try to read cells of a worksheet, in a Excel Document, and each cells has
a value, and I to change this value to other.
But, when this ocurred, Excel to calculate a Macro that is in other cell,
I need, turn off tha macros in this worksheet,
and I need to know when the cell contain a value that is a function ('= '),
this problem , I think that ocurred when the program read
the cell with the formula, or when Excel to calculate the formula because I
to change the value of the cells.

the error is the next : Could not convert variant of type (Error) into type
String

And,, If I delete the column with cells that contain the formula
=BUSCAR(I9,'Calif Num y Letra'!A1:B90)
the error not is ocurred.

this program was compiled on Delphi 5 with other files of Office (TLB),
to programming in the objects of EXCEL for applications. In this case the
error not ocurred.

Thanks for your help!!

Connie,,,
Exito Software
Mexico

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not a 100% sure what you are looking for, but do these help:
Application.Calculation=xlCalculationManual
Range("YourData").Calculate
or
Application.EnableEvents=False

depending if you undesirable changes are generated by recalculating a cell
or driven by a WS event.

NickHK

"Consuelo Sanchez" wrote in message

Hi!

I have a problem!

I have a program made in Delphi 7,
I try to read cells of a worksheet, in a Excel Document, and each cells

has
a value, and I to change this value to other.
But, when this ocurred, Excel to calculate a Macro that is in other cell,
I need, turn off tha macros in this worksheet,
and I need to know when the cell contain a value that is a function ('=

'),